Brittany Booker Carter is a Literary Agent and co-founder of The Booker Albert Literary Agency. She has worked with Marisa Corvisiero during her time at the Lori Perkins agency and the Corvisiero Literary Agency. She has a BA in English and a minor in journalism from The University of Arkansas at Monticello.
She is looking for novels that keep her up at night and transport her into the pages. In YA and new adult she is looking for well-written contemporary romances, fantasy romances and sci-fi romances.
As for adult works, she’s looking for contemporary romances and romantic thrillers. She’s always on the hunt for rich characters and unique plots. Brittany is especially interested in new adult that has lots of sexual tension, sexual chemistry or has a demanding hero that’ll make the reader swoon. She is a big sucker for happy endings. (She doesn’t represent books without a HEA, they make her sad. She believes every person deserves a Happily-Ever-After. Maybe it’s just the Disney Princess inside?) She also has a passion for books set in the south. She has working knowledge of Japanese and Spanish.
Brittany is now considering middle grade and erotica.
Brittany is NOT looking for memoirs or paranormal works at the moment.
She is NO longer searching for time-travel novels.
How to Submit:
Send your queries to: query[at]thebookeralbertagency[dot]com
**Unsolicited queries e-mailed directly to the agents’ individual addresses will not be read and will be deleted.**
What to include in your query:
- A query and the first 10 pages of your manuscript copy/pasted into the body of an email (NO ATTACHMENTS, unless requested).
- In the subject line: please be sure to include “Query” and the name of the agent you are querying, and the title of the manuscript.
- Genre and word count.
- Your name and contact information.
- If you have publishing credits, please give us relevant information: name of the book/anthology/story, publisher, publication date, sales info.
Please do NOT:
- Send the entire manuscript without an agent requesting it.
- Send a ‘Dear Agent’ email.
- Send to multiple agents/agencies in the same email.
- Send your materials as an attachment.
- Query more than one agent at Booker Albert Agency.
- Query our interns.
If we are considering your work, please DO let us know if you receive an offer from another agent or an editor.
Please DO follow up with us AFTER eight weeks if we requested a partial/full of your manuscript.
While we appreciate the effort and time that goes into writing your material, due to the amount of queries we receive, we can only reply to the submissions we are interested in. You should receive an auto-response letting you know we’ve received your query. Note: You will NOT receive an auto-response if you query our personal emails. Please give us six-eight weeks to respond. If you do not receive a response, please consider it a pass.