Middle Grade novels are hot, hot, hot. They’re the number one thing so many editors and agents are looking to add to their list. Have you gotten a critique for a picture book or chapter book and were told your story would work better as a middle grade novel? During my ten years as an SCBWI Regional Advisor, writers shared with me that this is what they were told.
We all love picture books. Their wonderful – the pictures draws us to them. Plus, they are short, so everyone thinks they are easy to write and they won’t have to spend as much time writing one – wrong!
Writing a middle grade novel is scary. I remember myself saying, “Oh, I could never write a novel.” Now I have written two YA novels, a middle grade novel and two more WIP, in addition to my picture books. So I was wrong and it wasn’t true. Once I started writing, so many wonderful story ideas poured out of me. I am sure some of those picture books you have in your drawer would be better off as a middle grade novel. Those extra words will give you room to let your tiny story bloom into a gorgeous living thing by enabling you to spend more time with their characters and go deeper into their lives and world.
In addition, publishers pay writers more for novels than they do for picture or chapter books. Plus, more middle grade novels are made into movies, so that is another incentive to try your hand at writing a novel.
The Children’s Academy has a superb middle grade e-course. It happens only once a year and you can enjoy the course from the comfort of your own home, at your own pace. They have live webinars, but don’t worry, they are recorded in case you miss one.
Dr. Mira Reisberg students now have over 110 contracted or published books and many others have agents. Many of Hillary’s former students have also been published!
With Middle School Mastery you will:
- Learn from award-winning teachers Hillary Homzie and Dr. Mira Reisberg who are passionately committed to your success!
- Access insider knowledge from exceptional authors, editors and agents who are leaders in the Children’s Book Publishing Industry.
- Get Feedback to improve your writing and step-by-step guidance on how to become a successful, published author of Middle School literature.
- Many unique submission opportunities.
- Opportunity to sign up for an hour critique with Mira or Hillary.
- Entry into the Golden Ticket skip-the-line pitch fest contest where editors, and agents will look at your work and choose students to connect with further.
Start Date: April 3rd.
Cost $525: Includes an hour critique with either Mira or Hillary, but use Early Bird code by March 6th and save $100: 2017MGM100.
There are too many opportunities and bonus features to mention. Use this link to read everything: http://www.childrensbookacademy.com/middle-grade-mastery.html
Registering for Middle Grade Mastery is a genuinely useful investment in your career with a priceless return on this investment and it comes with a money back guarantee that if you fully participate and do the work, if at the end of a year you don’t feel that you learned a lot, we’ll give you your money back!