The Rafael Lopez and Pat Cummings Merit Scholarships are now OPEN for the 2016 Craft and Business of Illustrating Children’s Books! Great News – The Applications DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO SATURDAY AUGUST 20th! – Click here to apply. Application DEADLINE AUGUST 20th.
The Children’s Book Academy is proud to offer merit scholarships for writers and illustrators who identify as being of color, or LBGQTI, as having a disability, who are currently underrepresented in the children’s publishing industry.
In addition, we are offering scholarships for low income folks who might not be able to take this course otherwise as well as to SCBWI Regional Advisors, ARAs, and Illustrator Coordinators or children’s librarians who may or may not identify as being of any of these communities above but who do so much to help our field.
To have a peek at the Craft and Business of Illustrating Children’s Books course click here.
Here’s all you need to do:
1. Using your funnest or most lyrical language, tell us why you want this scholarship and what you have to offer kids
2. Describe how you meet our scholarship criteria
3. Include your website if you have one
4. Talk about how you are going to help your fellow students
5. Talk about how you are going to share about the course so that we can stay in business
6. Tell us something lovely about yourself
The full and half scholarship winners will be announced on Wednesday August 24th – See more at: http://www.childrensbookacademy.com/rafael-lopez-pat-cummings-illustrating-picture-books-scholarship.html#sthash.UmI6QMS5.dpuf