Writer’s and Illustrators, are you ready to take your picture book and illustrating to the next Level? Then you might be interested in this course, the Craft and Business of Illustrating Children’s Books. It is a 5 week highly interactive e-Course/Talent Search with opportunities to submit to art directors, editors, and agents that can open publishing doors for you.
Join Julia Maguire, editor from Knopf/Random House, and Dr. Mira Reisberg AKA the Picture Book Whisperer and award-winning children’s book illustrator and author for an empowering adventure for all levels plus over 25 multi-award-winning fabulous guest experts as we explore the wonderful world of children’s books and children’s book illustration to create the kinds of books and art that art directors and editors want now!!
Monday through Friday, fresh lessons and exercises from our awesome faculty are released on our password protected website that also includes tons of resources including lists of publishers and agents, worksheets, done-for you templates, and much more. We interact via our private Facebook group where questions are answered and small critique groups are set up for those who want them. We have a special webinar page for each week where students post responses to each webinars topic – e.g., thumbnails, quirky or memorable characters etc. Times are scheduled to accommodate folks in different countries as much as possible and we also record the webinars for those who can’t make it live.
REGISTRATION is NOW OPEN FOR 2016 for Writers and Illustrators Ready to Increase their Chances of Publication
Training Starts September 5th for 5 Interactive Time-Flexible Weeks
Get a $100.00 discount by using this Special Code! CBA-Friend
Good until August 8th
Plus, you will receive:
- Indefinite access to our own highly interactive private Facebook group
- A HALF-OFF course on hand lettering
- Access to our live weekly topic-specific workshop/webinars where you can get help with everything you might need as a beginning or professional illustrator
- A FREE to the FIRST 20 to register and then HALF-OFF 2-part Photoshop course for both beginners (Part One) and seasoned users (Part Two)
Fabulous templates, worksheets, and done-for-you scripts
- A HALF-OFF Social Media course
- The Little Big Book of Children’s Book Illustrating Techniques and Terminology!
- Your own optional critique group
- A beautiful CBA badge for your website
- Entry into the Golden Ticket skip-the-line pitch fest contest where editors, agents, and art directors will look at your work and choose students to connect with further
- Plus many more opportunities and goodies too numerous to mention!
Add a personalized one-hour in-person a full critique with Julie Maguire to the an additional $100. Click Here.
To add a personalized one-hour in-person full critique with Dr. Mira Reisberg for an additional $100. Click Here.
Remember to use the code: CBA-Friend
The course starts September 5th with the first live training happening that night and runs through October 10th. It’s designed to be extremely time flexible so you can access the materials and interact as much or as little as you like. No one is ever in trouble, but the more you can put in the more you’ll get out of it. The additional 6 months of access makes it very doable no matter how busy you are and the private Facebook group continues on indefinitely to provide continued support of your children’s book goals.
You can enjoy this once a year course and learn at your own pace (except for live webinars which are also recorded) from the comfort of your own home. Convenient easy payment plans make the whole thing affordable.
You are rarely offered a money back guarantee for writing and illustrating courses, but the Children’s Book Academy has one.