1. If you are a fan of Illustrator Saturday, you might want to revisit this past Saturday’s post with Jeff Ebbeler. His process steps have been updated and I think you will love to read it. https://kathytemean.wordpress.com/2016/03/05/illustrator-saturday-jeff-ebbeler/
2. If you visited on Sunday before 2pm, then you might want to take the time to view Sunday’s Take A Look Sunday. It was a good review of Mike Ciccotell’s book dummy illustrations. https://kathytemean.wordpress.com/2016/03/06/take-a-look-sunday-mike-ciccotello/
The Kundiman Poetry Prize is dedicated to publishing exceptional work by Asian American poets at any stage of their career. Winner receives $1,000 and book publication with Tupelo Press. Submit your manuscript today!Tupelo Press is an independent, literary press devoted to discovering and publishing works of poetry, literary fiction, and creative nonfiction by emerging and established writers.
- Electronic submissions are available from February 1st to March 15th. We do not accept paper submissions.
- Eligibility: Asian American writers living in the United States.
- Manuscripts must be typed, paginated, and 50 – 70 pages in length (single spaced).
- Individual poems from the manuscript may have been previously published in magazines, anthologies, or chapbooks of less than 25 pages, but the collection as a whole must be unpublished. Translations and self-published books are not eligible. No multi-authored collections, please.
- Manuscripts must have a table of contents and include a list of acknowledgments for poems previously published. The inclusion of a biographical note is optional. Your name, mailing address, email address and phone number should appear on the title page of your manuscript.
- No illustrations, photographs, or images should be included.
- The Kundiman Poetry Prize is judged by consensus of the members of Kundiman’s Artistic Staff and the Tupelo Press Editorial Board. Manuscripts are not read anonymously. Learn more about our judging process.
- Winner will be announced in June.
To learn more about how to submit, please visit: http://kundiman.org/prize/