Caitlin McDonald joined DMLA in 2015, and was previously at Sterling Lord Literistic. She represents adult and young adult speculative fiction, primarily science-fiction, fantasy, horror, and related subgenres, as well as contemporary fiction about geeky characters. She also handles a small amount of nonfiction in geeky areas, with a focus on feminist theory/women’s issues and pop culture. Caitlin grew up overseas and has a BA in Creative Writing from Columbia University.
– All SF/F fiction for adult, YA, and MG, especially secondary world fantasy and alternate history
– Genre-bending or cross-genre fiction, and stories that examine tropes from a new angle
– Diversity of all kinds, including (but not limited to) race, gender, sexuality, and ability, in both characters and worldbuilding
Do not send:
– women’s fiction
– crime fiction
– picture books or chapter books
– screenplays or short stories
To query, please email email@example.com with the query letter, synopsis, and the first ten pages of your novel pasted into the body of the email.
Query letters — up to 4 weeks from receipt.
Partial manuscripts — up to 4 weeks.
Full manuscripts — overnight to 4 weeks.
You can follow Catlin on Twitter: @literallycait