Library Journal honors the best self-published ebooks in the following genres: Romance, Mystery, Science Fiction, Fantasy.
ATTENTION: If your book in not in one of these genres, you can still submit to SELF-e using our standard submission form.
There will be one winner and two honorable mentions in each genre. Each genre Winner shall receive $1,000.00 USD from Library Journal. All winners and honorable mentions shall also receive:
- A full LJ review, published in print and online
- A promotional ad featuring all award winners honor books in LJ’s December “Best of Books” issue
- Recognition at LJ’s Self-Published Ebook Awards Reception to be held during the American Library Association Midwinter Meeting in Boston, MA (date & location TBA)
Judging committees will be composed of Library Journal editors and public library collection development & acquisition librarians who are responsible for selecting content suitable for their libraries. They will select one winner and designate two honorable mentions in each genre.
A few notable judges include:
- Stephanie Chase, Director, Hillsboro PL, Oregon
- Stephanie Anderson, Head of Readers’ Advisory, Darien Library, CT
- Robin Nesbitt, Manager, Hilliard Branch, Columbus Metropolitan Lib., OH
- Robin Bradford, Collection Development Specialist, Timberland Regional Library
- Corinne Hill, Director, Chattanooga PL, TN
The open submission period begins on May 11, 2015 at 12:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) and will close on August 31, 2015, at 11:59:59 P.M. ET (“Contest Period”). There are no fees for submissions, nor limits on the number of submissions an individual author can make.
NOTE: Only digital titles may be submitted. Any physical titles sent to Sponsor will be discarded without review or notification.
The competition is open to all English-language self-published ebooks for which the author is the copyright holder and holds the rights to digital distribution. Entries will be evaluated on content, writing quality, and overall quality of production and appearance. There are no restrictions on date of publication. (Library Journal may demand proof of eligibility of semifinalists.)
Review our full Terms & Conditions before submitting your entries.