British Illustrators: Call for applications 2015
Apply to be our Illustrator in Residence for 2015
House of Illustration is now seeking applications for its second Illustrator in Residence programme. We are looking for an innovative illustrator, graphic artist or collective to create an ambitious body of work that inspires our visitors and challenges public opinion about what illustration can be.
Our resident will respond creatively to House of Illustration and will take an active part in our work from July – December 2015.
We welcome applications from illustrators and graphic artists aged 25 and over. The resident may be a recent graduate or an established practitioner looking to take their work in a new direction. They may work in any medium or format.
This year’s Illustrator in Residence will be selected by:
- Olivia Ahmad – Curator, House of Illustration
- Rob Alderson – Editor-in-Chief, It’s Nice That
- Rachel Lillie – Illustrator in Residence 2014
Further information on the residency and how to apply can be downloaded below.
Answers to frequently asked questions about the residency are available here.
- Applications must be received by 5:00pm on 15 May 2015
- Successful applicants will be invited for interview the week commencing 25 May 2015
- The residency will start on 1 July 2015
Information about our 2014 Illustrator in Residence Rachel Lillie is available here.
House of Illustration’s annual Illustrator in Residence Programme is made possible through generous support from the Barbara and Philip Denny Trust.