What we want:
- Manuscripts for middle grade, young adult and new adult novels
- Well written and edited stories of any genre with riveting plots, dynamic and developing protagonists and antagonists we love to hate.
- Work from Canadian writers that appeals to a worldwide market.
Emerging writers and experienced authors welcome! Published authors, feeling stuck writing in one genre for your publisher and want to try something new? We are all ears.
What we don’t want:
Holiday stories • Graphic novels • Poetry • Short stories • Illustrations • Picture books • Non-fiction • Erotica • Previously published work (including self-published works)
Some helpful hints:
- Have your manuscript edited by a third party who has a strong understanding of writing for young people. Your mother does not count, unless her name is J.K. Rowling.
- A couple helpful reads: Rivet Your Readers with Deep Point of View by Jill Elizabeth Nelson and Writing Great Books For Young Adults by Regina L. Brooks.
- Your work has a better chance of serious consideration if it is presented in a professional manner, so please follow our submission guidelines below.
- Rebelight Publishing Inc. is environmentally friendly and accepts emailed submissions only. Mailed submissions will be shredded and not responded to, a waste of your money (& trees).
In the body of the email (for security reasons attachments will not be opened), your submission should include:
- A one-page query letter
- Your author CV
- A one-page synopsis
- The first three chapters of your manuscript.
- The email subject line should read as follows: “Submission – Your First Name Your Last Name, Manuscript Title.”
- Do not send more than one manuscript at a time.
- Address all emails, “Dear Editor:” (Yes, this goes against most advice given to writers… it’s OK. If your manuscript is accepted you’ll be introduced to your editor.)
- We accept simultaneous submissions, however, as a courtesy, please let us know if your manuscript has been accepted elsewhere.
- Should we request a full manuscript, it must be submitted in standard 8.5 x 11” format, typed in Times Roman 12 pt font and double-spaced. Submit as a Microsoft Word file.
Submissions are usually processed within three (3) months. Please do not contact us any sooner about your submission. Due to the volume of submissions, we cannot provide editorial comments on manuscripts. Email submissions to: firstname.lastname@example.org You’ve worked hard and shown perseverance to get a manuscript ready for submission. We look forward to hearing from you.