Leon Husock – Associate Agent at L. Perkins Agency.
Prior to joining the L. Perkins Agency, Leon was an associate agent at Anderson Literary Management. He has a BA in Literature from Bard College and attended the Columbia Publishing Course.
Leon is actively building his client list.
He has a particular interest in science fiction & fantasy, young adult and middle-grade novels filled with strong characters and original premises, but keeps an open mind for anything that catches his eye.
He is also looking for historical fiction set in the 20th century, particularly the 1980s or earlier.
He is not interested in non-fiction at this time.
Follow him on Twitter: @leonhusock
How to submit:
Please email a query letter containing the following:
- A brief synopsis
- Your bio
- The first five pages from your novel or book proposal in the body of your email.
Please keep in mind:
- Attachments will not be opened unless specifically requested.
- We only accept email queries. We do not accept queries by snail mail, phone or social media. All snail mail queries will be discarded unopened.
- Please only query one agent at this agency. They will only consider one manuscript from one writer at a time to one agent at a time. If you have written more than one manuscript, choose the one you think is the most promising and pitch that. Do not pitch them all.
- We have a strict NO MULTIPLE SUBMISSIONS policy within the agency, so please be sure to only submit to one of us. (Though simultaneous submissions to other agencies are expected.) We work together closely, often passing projects along to other members of the team.
Send to leon [at] lperkinsagency.com.