If your book is up on Amazon, you can have an Author Page. This is another opportunity for you, so use it. Here are a few tips:
1. Think of your book’s Amazon.com page as a ¼ page ad in a glossy magazine. You want to build excitement, hype, and the urge to buy rather than dutifully explaining your product.
2. Watch out for typos and grammar, so you put your best foot forward. Make sure what is written makes sense. If you can’t write a good Author Page, most people will think you can’t write a good novel, either.
3. Include review quotes. You want to draw someone into buying your book.
4. Put up book trailers, interviews, and videos on your Amazon page.
5. You can show recent blog posts and twitter entries.
6. List places your events and the dates.
7. Another thing you can do is to encourage a discussion with your fans on this page.
Let’s take a look at Yvonne Ventresca’s Author Page:
Yvonne has included a lot of the tips on the above list, but I’d like to see her add a few quotes from reviews of Pandemic, a book trailer, and to work on getting a video interview she can put up on the page. Adding these things will maximize the free space Amazon has given her and help increase the sales of her new book.
Good job, Yvonne!