Huge opportunity for writers and Illustrators – published, unpublished, self-published.
Susan Tierney, longtime Editor in Chief of Children’s Writer and the Institute of Children’s Literature’s Writer’s Guide and the market directories, has now become Acquisitions Editor at Schoolwide, Inc.
This educational publisher of reading, writing, and grammar curriculum products, and professional development resources, is looking for submissions of books, stories, and articles that support reading and writing for children from kindergarten to grade eight for a digital classroom library.
Of interest are fiction and nonfiction picture books, concept books, early readers, chapter books, middle-grade and early YA books, articles, essays, short stories, poetry, poetry collections, and plays.
Fiction may be contemporary, realistic, historical, multicultural, science fiction, fantasy, mystery, adventure, fairy or folk tales, verse novels, or rhyming books.
Nonfiction sought includes informational/expository, biography/profile, narrative procedure (how-to), creative nonfiction, personal narratives or memoir, essays, opinion pieces, primary sources/reference books.
Subject categories include: Science, history, social studies, language and literature—and any subject that is age-appropriate and would encourage independent reading.
Not interested in preK or older YA.
Email only to email@example.com, with:
1. AUTHOR CONTACT INFORMATION
2. WEBSITE ADDRESS (if any)
3. TITLE OF WORK
4. WORD OR PAGE COUNT
5. TARGETED AGE/GRADE LEVEL
6. A BRIEF SYNOPSIS OR OUTLINE IN THE BODY OF THE MESSAGE.
7. ATTACH (Microsoft Word only) THE COMPLETED WORK AND A RESUME OR LIST OF WRITING CREDITS.
8. INDICATE IF SUBMISSION IS UNPUBLISHED, SELF-PUBLISHED, OR PREVIOUSLY PUBLISHED and if so, by WHOM.
9. PLACE “MANUSCRIPT SUBMISSION, SCBWI” IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Schoolwide will accept:
(1) previously published materials for which the author holds rights. For these book, story, or article submissions, please also indicate the publisher, date of publication, and if applicable, whether an illustrator holds rights to the artwork (illustrators would receive the same royalty arrangements, if interested).
(2) completed manuscripts of original, unpublished work.
Royalty. Responds in six months, if interested.
Don’t miss this opportunity!