I see a little hope of Spring in this winter illustration sent in by Dianna Patton. It is from her book picture book, The Magic Rabbit. After years of painting and teaching watercolor (with over 135 awards), Diana is now working on the craft of writing and illustrating stories. She has two self-published picture books, Charlemagne to the Rescue and Rocking out to Sea. Her websites www.dianapatton.com and www.charlemagnethefish.com
2014 WABASH PRIZE FOR FICTION
Final Judge: REBECCA MAKKAI
First Prize: $1000 and publication in Sycamore Review
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submission Deadline: March 21, 2014
1. For each submission, send one fiction piece (limit 7,500 words).
2. A $15 reading fee (submitted online) must accompany each submission. The reading fee includes a year’s subscription to Sycamore Review, which will include a copy of the prize issue and an electronic copy of the following issue.
3. Additional pieces may be included for an additional reading fee of $5 for each additional work. If submitting more than one, please submit ALL work in a single Word document.
4. Manuscript pages should be numbered and should include the title of the piece.
5. All entries will be read blind. Information that identifies the author should NOT appear on the manuscript itself.
6. All work must be previously unpublished.
7. Simultaneous submissions are acceptable only if Sycamore Review is notified immediately upon acceptance elsewhere.
8. Each piece will be read by at least two Sycamore staffers, with the winner selected by judge Rebecca Makkai.
9. All contest submissions will be considered for regular inclusion in Sycamore Review.
10. When submitting, be sure to select the Wabash Prize for Fiction option in our Submissions Manager.
Once your work has been submitted, you will be redirected to our secure payment website. Submissions will not be considered without an accompanying payment.
If you are not redirected for payment, chances are you accidentally submitted through the regular submission channel. If this is the case, withdraw your work and resubmit, being careful to select the Wabash Prize option.
Questions may be directed to email@example.com .
Submit your work by visiting our online submission manager. http://www.sycamorereview.com/submgr/