This illustration was sent in from Vesper Stamper. Versper was featured on Illustrator Saturday in Aug 2011. Here is the link: http://wp.me/pss2W-39y
Writing Contest Description:
Writers who wish to enter the contest must pick one writing prompt on one of 10 pages of prompts on Build Creative Writing Ideas (prompts pages listed below). All levels of writers are encouraged to submit an entry of 500-1,000 words that begins a larger story. We will accept entries of up to 1,500 words.
Entrants must pick a writing prompt from one of the 10 pages listed below. Each entry (limited to three entries per individual) must be based on a prompt from one of the 10 pages.
1. The Grand Prize Winner receives a $500 Amazon gift card.
2. Four first-prize winners receive a $50 Amazon gift card.
3. 100 honorable mentions will receive a free digital copy of 1,000 Creative Writing Prompts, Volume 2 (Retail value: $2.99)
How to Enter:
1. Pick a prompt from one of the 10 available pages.
2. Write your story and make sure it’s longer than at least 500 words.
3. Prepare your story as a post on your own blog or website. Include a link at the end of your post to the prompt you used and a link back to this contest.
4. After you post your entry, send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the link to your post.
Make sure your entry is posted to your blog by December 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM CST
What Are We Looking For?: We are seeking the start of a larger story without a pre-defined theme. All styles are welcome. We encourage stories that are emotionally engaging and well written. The winning stories will be chosen by a panel selected by Build Creative Writing Ideas.
1. Open to U.S. and U.K. residents only.
2. Up to 3 entries may be submitted per individual.
3. Entries must be posted on a website and link to the prompts page and this contest page. The full set of official rules and disclaimers can be found here on the official rules page.
The closing date for the contest is December 22, 2013 at 11:59 PM CST. The winners will be selected and notified directly by January 12, 2014 and listed here: http://www.build-creative-writing-ideas.com/writing-contest.html